CPC40110 Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building)
The aim of the Queensland Government/Department of Education, Training (DET) Higher Level Skills program is to assist our clients gain higher level skills (Certificate IV and above), assisting them in securing employment or advance their career in a priority industry or undertake further studies.
Core Industry Training is pleased to offer eligible, prospective clients the ability to complete the Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) CPC40110 under this program.
All clients must meet the following eligibility criteria
- Be aged 15 years or over and no longer at school
- Permanently reside in Queensland
- An Australian citizen
- An Australian permanent resident (including humanitarian entrant)
- A temporary resident with the necessary visa and working permits on the pathway to permanent residency
- A New Zealand Citizen
- Not hold, or be enrolled in a certificate IV or higher level qualification (not including qualifications completed at school and foundations skills training).
Special Eligibility Condition
- Clients must already hold a trade qualification (Certificate III) in the Construction industry.
Once a certificate IV level qualification has been completed, clients will no longer be eligible for a subsidised training place under the Higher Level Skills program.
For information about the program, please view Higher Level Skills Student Fact Sheet
Funded students will be required to complete a Queensland Department of Education student employment survey within 3 months of completing their qualification.
Fees and Refunds
Student Co-Contribution fee
Under the program, clients are required to pay a co-contribution fee. This is a key principle of the VET investment framework and recognises that the benefits of training are shared between individuals, industry and the broader community.
*If applicable, a Credit Transfer administration fee of $15.60 ($12.50 concessional) pr unit applies. This charge will be absorbed in the co-contribution fee.
This fee will be required for payment prior to commencement of training.
Clients will also need to purchase the following resources:
- Building Code of Australia Volume 1 and 2 –
Cost: Digital – Free online, Hardcopy – approx: $340.00
- AS1684.2 Australian Residential Timber Framed Construction
Cost: Approx: $95.00
All clients are provided with one free copy of their qualification and record of results upon completion of their studies. Core Industry Training may charge a fee for replacement of any lost documentation.
For details regarding concession requirements and other program information please click here or call 07 5534 7074